This outdoor weekend workshop in London will give you the working knowledge needed to understand how your camera functions using the semi-automatic modes, P, Shutter and Aperture Priority. This is an in-depth short photography course geared towards gaining control over your camera. Gain mastery over your digital camera and immediately start to take better photos.
Weekend Photography Course Content.
- Digital Camera Overview – Explore Buttons, Menus, Core Functions and Settings
- Depth of Field – explore shallow and maximum aperture settings (f stops)
- Shutter Speed – explore fast and slow exposures
- White Balance – colour temperature
- Correct Exposure
- Understanding Histograms
- Fill in Flash Settings
- Practical Learning Assignments which give hands on practical experience during Day 1.
The second day consolidates the learning completed on Saturday with the emphasis on composition and using the settings you have learned in a creative and inspiring way.
- Angles of View
- Lenses and how to select which lens to shoot with
- Zoom selection
- Use different Aperture values which change how your photos look
- Use different Shutter speeds for different effects
- How to see and use light in your photography
- How to use different elements in the scene creatively
- Inspirational short assignments which empower the creative within you
We keep our groups small and places are limited to 6.
This photography course is taken outdoors in well chosen Central London locations. Both Scheduled and Private photography workshops are available.
Online notes are provided free once this workshop has been completed.
DSLR, Compact System, High-end Compacts and Bridge cameras are fine for the complete course.